Wednesday 3 August 2011

Kerala Pepper Chicken


I am just the loving the weather out here in Bangalore, cool weather with occasional stormy rains, wow! I hope you are enjoying good weather where ever you are as much as I am. This morning, enjoying the cool breeze and bright sunlight finding it's way through the balcony and with some of my favourite music playing, I cooked. Have you ever tried cooking with music? It's wonderful.

So what did I cook? I made Kerala Pepper chicken, Kovakka Mezhukuperatti and Moru Kachiyathu.

Now, getting down to the recipe. I got this recipe from one of the cookery shows I watched sometime back. This Kerala Pepper Chicken is so scrumptious and extremely diverse because it goes well with rice, parathas, Kerala porottas and what not. And what makes it even more attractive is the simplicity of this dish. I promise you, you can't go wrong with this!

Every time I make this dish, we lap it up like we have been starving for days. So go ahead and try this and enjoy!

Ingredients

Chicken - 1 kg
Big Onions (diced) - 6
Tomato (diced) - 3
Green chillies - 6 to 8 (as per spice tolerance)
Crushed pepper corns - 3 tsp
Ginger & Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Garlic (crushed) - 6 to 8 cloves
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 to 3 sprigs
Salt - to taste
Coconut oil

Method

Make gashes in the chicken and marinate it with crushed pepper, ginger & garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for 1 or 2 hours. Pressure cook the chicken for 1 whistle. Heat oil in a wok, and saut'e green chillies, crushed garlic, curry leaves, onions and turmeric until onions turn golden brown. Throw in the tomatoes and saut'e till oil separates. Now, add the cooked chicken pieces and let it cook on a low flame till gravy is dry.

Notes: In case you have stock left after cooking the chicken in the pressure cooker, pour it towards the end while preparing the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...