Monday 1 August 2011

Brinjal Crispies


We had a really good and relaxed weekend. I hope you had a good time as well.

Usually, I'm always whining and nagging my husband on the weekends because he always finds something to make himself busy. I don't know how he does that, gets busy doing nothing!!!! How, how, how?! Does this happen to you?

Anyway, this weekend we were chilled out, watched a good Malayalam movie (was quite bad though) today. I wish everyday were this relaxed! Hmm...

This recipe is simplicity personified! I was cleaning up my refrigerator and came upon 3 or 4 small Eggplants lying in the vegetable tray and was wondering what to do with them. Since there were only a few of them and I was lazy to cook anything too elaborate, I quickly cooked up a quick and easy recipe. This helps you get rid of your left-over eggplants in the refrigerator and tastes good. This can also be done with Ivy Gourd (Kovakka).

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients

Egg Plant/Brinjal/Baingan (Medium size) - 2 to 3
Red Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil

Method

Cut the egg plant/brinjal/baingan into thin round slices. Marinate the egg plant/brinjal/baingan with red chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, lime juice and salt and keep aside for 1/2 an hour.

Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Place the marinated eggplant/brinjal/baingan slices in it and shallow fry on a low flame till done. Flip over slices when one side is done. (like frying fish) Fry until crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...